1. My house will never be fully clean for more than 5 minutes (unless everyone is sleeping, or the boys are with Mimi!) I have tried those Pinterest charts "how to keep your house clean in just 15 minutes a day" FAIL. Either I miss one of my "small tasks" and put it off until tomorrow, or Hurricane Brock comes through to destroy it all!
2. Sleep will never be the same. This is not entirely new to me. I do have an almost 3 year old, so I was well prepared for the middle of the night feedings. However, when you have 2 little ones at home it isn't as easy to catch up on my sleep during naptime. Especially when I cant sync their naps, or i'm busy doing one of my small tasks from #1!
3. Boys are messy!!! All kids are messy, but boys especially, and they can be smelly too! Right now my oldest just loves to talk about all kinds of bodily functions, especially farts! I can thank my husband for that one!
4. Sometimes being a mom can be very lonely. As entertaining as my boys are, sometimes mommy needs some adult conversation. It isn't so easy to head out for a drink or dinner with the girls. arrangements need to be made. Im still breastfeeding the baby so that takes planning, plus he is a little bit of a mama's boy so he doesn't do well with extended hours away from mommy
5. I said my boys were smelly. Ive been pretty smelly too lately! With the summer heat, and trying to sneak in a workout when I can, sometimes I my go the whole day in the same sweaty oufit without a shower until 9pm! Gross huh! But I'm a boy mom so being smelly is ok!
6. Calendars are great!
7. I wouldn't change anything! I'll take the good and the bad. The sleepless nights and the laughing parties. This time is so very precious and I am truly blessed to be able to spend it with these two little love bugs!
I think Ive let this little guy cry long enough. Time for some mama cuddles! until next time!