Thursday, June 19, 2014

Defeated...

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel defeated?

I think moms must feel like this all the time. Please don't tell  me I'm alone! Well its been one of those weeks. I feel completely bogged down but at the end of the day have nothing to show of it. Yes my boys are healthy, happy, fed, and clean (most of the time), but sometimes I feel like it isn't enough. There are dirty dishes in the sink, laundry that needs to be done, and don't even get me started on the floors!

I am overwhelmed! This past weekend my Aunt Gerry passed away and I wish I could be in Massachusetts with my family to say goodbye. And tomorrow Miles and I are headed to Austin for my cousin's wedding. It will be his first trip on an airplane and to say I'm a little anxious is putting it lightly.

I attempted to do some yoga this morning. If you have kids you know how difficult this is. I was hoping it would help me clear my head and relax, but I think it just made it worse. My almost 3 year old, Brock, is in the "Why" phase. "Why mama?" "Why?", "but Why?" My 8 month old, Miles is crawling and into everything. "Don't eat those wires Miles", "don't put that in your mouth". Plus he has severe separation anxiety ( I self diagnosed it, he's a Mama's boy for sure). My patience is low. Trying to just breath....only 3 more hours until naptime!

Tell me moms, What do you do when you feel defeated?

Side note: I am working on making this much prettier with pictures and such, but this is not the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment