Sunday, January 15, 2012

A New Year

We are halfway through January and I am just now reflecting on the past year and how much our lives have changed. A year ago we had just told everyone that we were pregnant. I was nearing the end of my first trimester and feeling really excited about the future. Fast forward to July when we welcomed our beautiful little boy into the world. I never knew what I was missing until that day. Aside from the sleepless nights, this is what I was born to do. I am a mother. I'm still working full time, but the moment I walk through the door and see that toothless grin I know I'm right where I'm meant to be. This is my greatest accomplishment. The thing I am most proud of. The source of love and joy that warms my heart everyday. We have been blessed with a healthy, loving, fun little boy. My goal for the next 11 months is to document the ups and downs, joys and frustrations, and laughable moments that make up our life. We are a family. This is our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment